Pedagogy and Didactics
The teacher has to toke into account some factors which can negatively influence the lesson. Some depend on the teacher and others not. These factors are:
- The choice of methods and techniques: choose the ones which are appropriate according to your context.
- The duration of the lesson: is it a session of one hour or two hours?
- The frequency of the course: once or twice a week?
- The time of the day.
- The class size: does it allow every student's participation? Does it better allow pair work or group work?
- The nature of furnishing: is it easy to move desks, make students go around the classroom? Can the teacher himself go between rows?
- Availability of teaching aids: will you plan an activity which necessitates the use of a tope recorder while your school does not have electricity? Will you plan to use pictures you cannot find anywhere?